When you have a broken water heater, it can bring daily life to a standstill. It makes it impossible to do laundry, wash dishes, cook dinner, or take a shower. At HELP Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Drains, we know that a functional hot water heater is the cornerstone of modern comfort, and we work quickly to identify the cause of the problem and to apply the most effective solution. We maintain a full inventory of components and replacement parts, and our technicians have extensive knowledge, repairing a wide range of water heater systems.
Is your water heater not working effectively? Contact HELP Plumbing, and we’ll get it working before the end of the day!
Our Water Heater Services
We offer a full range of services for our clients in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We can install, repair, replace, and maintain a variety of water heater systems, including:
- Traditional tank water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Hybrid water heaters
- High-efficiency water heaters
- And more!
Does your water heater need repair services? Contact HELP Plumbing today, and we’ll schedule a service appointment for our expert water heater technicians to inspect your system!
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs
Your water heater will give off signs that something’s not right. When problems start to emerge, it’s always best to take prompt action. Acting quickly minimizes damage to your system, minimizes disruption, and most importantly, reduces the cost of repairs.
If you notice any of the following warning signs, we recommend you contact the HELP Plumbing team as soon as possible to have our water heater technicians take a look:
- No hot water. Loss of hot water is usually caused by a problem with the gas supply or electrical components. It can also be caused by a faulty thermostat, a damaged thermocouple, or a worn-out heating element.
- Leaks. Any water pooling around your water heater should be investigated immediately. While loose connections cause most leaks, it could result in catastrophic failure if you have a corroded tank. And, yes, water heaters can explode if too much pressure builds up and finds a way to break free, so this is not something you want to ignore.
- Unexplained increases in water bills. If you’re not using more hot water than usual, there could be a problem with mineral buildup within your hot water heater tank. Fortunately, if that’s the cause, then flushing your system will usually cool your utility bills down.
- Odd noises. Loud operation isn’t normal. If you hear high-pitched noises, grumbling, or bubbling, it’s often caused by sediment buildup within your tank. In most cases, these can be resolved with a thorough flush. However, if you hear whistling, this is usually caused by a leaking valve or because there is a crack within your hot water tank.
- Foul odors/discolored water. If you have a bacteria buildup, this can produce hydrogen sulfide. It smells the same as the additive utility providers put in natural gas. Flushing will generally resolve this. Alternatively, if you have discolored water, it’s often because of rusty pipes or internal components.
- Short cycling. If your hot water heater is short cycling, it’s usually because of a tripped circuit breaker, malfunctioning thermostat, or significant sediment buildup within your tank.
Wondering what’s going on with your hot water heater? Contact HELP Plumbing today, and we’ll give you our expert opinion and schedule a service appointment to inspect your hot water heater right away.
Contact HELP Plumbing for Your Cincinnati Water Heater Repairs
Keeping your water heater in good working condition starts by finding the right team to handle your service needs. For Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana homeowners, there’s no better team to turn to than HELP Plumbing for all your urgent water heater repair needs.
Get the HELP you need today by contacting our team for your water heater repair services.